Saturday 11 April 2009

Let there be lights!



Can you see a theme emerging? I like lights. I like lights a lot.

These are a couple of cheapo fleaBay spots that (only) just fit around the handlebars. The stock clamps wouldn't fit on the forks, but I wanted them up high anyway. I had to bend the mounts to get them to point forwards, but that's just more Custom.

I went for a jaunt today to buy a neck warmer and some thermal lining gloves, via a 60mph dual carriageway. The Huoniao quite happily hit an indicated 60 for a brief downhill period, before I backed it off. We're talking a mile or so here: I'm still in Running In mode, but at 250km, I'm starting to let the bike get a sniff of its top speed, in short controlled bursts. Bear in mind that I'm running about 7% under-revved; I definitely want to try a 17 tooth sprocket next, which should be a 13% reduction in RPM from stock.

Hmmm... what next? The Nevada mudguard is on order, so... top box?

I could fleaBay one from anything from £29 to £50 or so for a big double box or... isn't it just a box? So couldn't I just bolt a big cheap toolbox on the rack and padlock it?

I'm betting that I can. Shall we find out?

1 comment:

  1. Noo Noo from chinesebikeforum16 April 2009 at 22:40

    I own one of these bikes (purely standard though) and have just purchased a topbox for it. Unsure of the capacity, but it holds a full-face helmet and has space left over for a few bits n bobs like small shopping items etc.
    This box DID come with plenty of padding around the joins and reflectors on the back though, so as long as you loctite and washer your toolbox, youll be fine. Although, be aware it WILL affect your rear end :P. my top box does when fuly laden, and its a light plastic thing.

    ReplyDelete