Sunday 26 July 2009

"It's amazing scenery here - it really reminds me of Scotland."


Actually that's a picture I took at Loch Morlich last week but as Mr Borg informed me in today's telephonic update that it was a little rainy I thought this'd be appropriate.

Stats for the day:

Sheep - 4 (seen? run over? he didn't specify).
Dolphins - 4.
Rain - ALL.
Drops - 0.
Falls - 0.
Gearshifts fixed - 1.
Bikers met - 2.
Ex-bikers met - 3.
Knitting - FAIL.

Mileage: 2029 - yesterday's (1819) = 210km or 130.494 Prehistoric Miles.


This evening they've stopped at Kyle of Lochalsh, having travelled via Mallaig and taken the ferry to Skye. They took a little tootle around Skye - "Got to Portree, had a good pee, then turned back" and headed for the bridge. They stopped in Broadford to see if Teo's Handspun was open but it wasn't - 973 Excellent Husband Points for trying though. 'We were going to go to the Scary Fairy bit but were too scared' (No, I haven't the foggiest).

Oh yes, the title refers to Obi Wan McGregor's comments every ten miles or so of Long Way Round.

2 comments:

  1. GO, Ewan Go! oops!! I mean.. Go, Roger, Go! sorry when I read the title I actually said it in a Mcgregor accent in my head.. Was just re-watching Long Way Round last night..

    Keep us updated, good luck once again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the record, the title is a genuine ad lib during the telephonic update. Let the record stand.

    ReplyDelete